Free NOC-PS Lite server provisioning software
To let people get to know our product, we are introducing a new entry level edition of our NOC-PS dedicated server provisioning software.
You can now use our NOC-PS Lite edition for up to 25 servers free of charge.
This edition is actually so lightweight it is capable of running on a Raspberry Pi and allows you to (re)install the operating system of your dedicated servers over the network.
- Contains installation profiles for the 64-bit editions of the following Linux distributions:
* CentOS 7
* Debian Jessie
* Fedora 22
* Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
* Ubuntu 15.04
* SystemRescueCd recovery system
- Performs full PXE network installations of the operating system (NOT disk cloning)
- Servers can be rebooted automatically if the mainboard is equipped with IPMI/BMC/iLO/DRAC/AMT functionality, or is connected to an APC, Racktivity, Ipoman or Koukaam NetIO remote power switch.
- A $ 25 Raspberry Pi model B, B+ or 2B. So you do not need to allocate an expensive server for it.
- SD card of at least 4 GB as storage.
Limitations compared to the full NOC-PS version
- Windows and FreeBSD installations are not supported in the Lite edition. Neither do we provide profiles for older Linux editions.
- Limited to provisioning 25 servers (unique MAC-addresses) per year. You can however provision each server multiple times.
- No API access, or billing system integration possible in the Lite version. Limited to only one webinterface user.
Installation instructions are available at: https://www.noc-ps.com/noc-ps-lite/